Saturday, March 6, 2010

GI Joe 1:6 Conrad "Duke" Hauser in MultiCam

Having seen "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)", I've been looking out for a 1/6 figure of Channing Tatum as Conrad "Duke" Hauser in MultiCam pattern camouflage as he appeared at the beginning of the film where he (Channing Tatum) and Ripcord (Marlon Wayans) were delivering the warheads when they were ambushed by the Baroness (Sienna Miller).

Hasbro had released the 12-inch "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" Conrad "Duke" Hauser Jungle Mission figure (see my post HERE) which I immediately switched outfits to the Soldier Story EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) outfit instead - pictures HERE. Then Soldier Story announced the release of their US Army 10th Special Forces Group 1/6 military figure (posted HERE) with a certain resemblance to Channing Tatum as Duke and wearing the afore-mentioned MultiCam pattern camouflage uniform.

Still not satisfied, I decided to put Hasbro's 12-inch Duke in a 1/6 scale MultiCam camouflage pattern uniform (shirt and pants) by Barrack Sergeant

The rest of Duke's gear i.e. LBE (Load Bearing Equipment) including pouches and kneepads, weapons and accessories come from BBI Elite Force 2007 Anniversary Limited Edition US Army Special Operation Detachment A (formerly Green Berets) "Joe Brennan" boxed set.

This may not be a screen-accurate MultiCam Duke but as far as the Law of First Impression goes, I think the first impression ain't bad at all IMHO. He even has what looks like the case containing the nanotechnology-based warheads (it's actually the Sniper rifle case from BBI "Elite Force: Terminate" Lucifer Sniper Assassin figure)



















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good buddy. Please let me introduce my oppinion about this subject: Change the Duke's head and put on true type body or another body, and I guess that the effect will be better than in this undistinguished hasbro body...

Tks a lots....

AC Dorneles

alex teo said...

thanks for the input ;p GREAT idea for another kitbash in the near future

Rushmore15 said...

He looks great! I love the Channing figure. His head sculpt looks very accurate. Only tiny complaint I have on it is that his head looks kinda "shinny". I wonder if there is a way to make him look more natural.