Sunday, September 13, 2015

Seen@STGCC2015 Part 3: Marvel Statues by XM Studios & Imaginarium - Inhumans, Avengers

continued from previous post...

I don't collect many statues because they are usually very expensive (I can't afford them) and rather large in size (no space). I much prefer 1:6 scale pose-able action figures with their articulation plus fabric costumes and uniforms with their highly detailed gear, accessories and weapons. Almost everything is detachable and can be examined up close or put to use with another 12-inch figure. Statues are usually cast in stone and are one molded pained piece without the realism of the fabric and mix of textures 1:6 scale figures have. Having said this, I do admire statues for their dynamic power poses and the artists who design them as well as the craftsman who sculpt and paint them. Some of the most impressive statues I've seen lately are produced by home grown company XM Studios, producer of limited edition premium statue collectibles. I was blown away by their statues at last year's STGCC (see my toy blog post HERE) and was eager to see what they were bringing and showcasing at this year's Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention (STGCC) 2015.


I certainly wasn't disappointed :) XM Studios brought Phoenix from the X-Men, Daredevil and Elektra as well as Medusa and Black Bolt from the Inhumans to this year's show, along with the usual suspects such as The Avengers (Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Captain America) with villains Loki and Red Skull among others. 

Scroll down to see all the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better views.


Imaginarium Art were also present with their offering of statues.


Imaginarium Art showcased some DC characters. Poison Ivy and Aquaman were among them.


My favourite statue at Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention (STGCC) 2015 is this Life Size Ant-Man Figure which really stood out and impressed me. I was blown away by this and you won't get to see this anywhere else. It's just stunning!


NEXT: Other 1:6 scale figures seen at Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention (STGCC) 2015 besides Hot Toys

No comments: